Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday night

Today was pleasant enough, as far as the weather was concerned and otherwise. Napped after work and then went to the gym after putting a sirloin tip roast in the oven. Later I carved up some of that for tomorrow's lunch. Had a great lunch today, by the way, and not the frozen Stouffer's I'd brought from home (although that's good). A Greek restaurant downtown makes a (meaty) spaghetti Bolognese every Wednesday, so I ordered some of that and a slice of their spinach pie in phyllo. Both were excellent.

Work has been urging me to take a vacation--I guess I need one. I haven't taken a vacation in over two years, and that was just a long weekend with B. to visit my father upstate. I'll try to take the week of Labor Day off and make a trip to Savannah, GA (I'd fly there since I'm not big on driving these days, and it's not a short drive from here). I've never been there and would like to see it. (Plus I'm a fan of Paula Deen's.) (Plus it's gay.) I'll leave the cats here in the apartment--my neighbor and I take care of each other's cats when we go out of town. I'll put down plenty of cat litter so he doesn't have to deal with that chore, what with Bootsy's kidney problems.

Since I'll be traveling alone, maybe I should get a laptop before I go. Or maybe take a vacation from the computer, too.

Tonight on MSNBC it's mostly about Gov. Sanford. Another gay-bashing right-wing hypocrite. (Link includes videos.)

No comments: