Saturday, August 02, 2008

Things looking up today

Got my "economic stimulus" payment from the U.S. Treasury deposited into my checking account ($600).

Paid off a crappy home improvement loan with a good one. A couple of weeks ago I applied for this loan over the phone. I'd been pre-approved for a HELOC with them, but that fell through since my condo wasn't on their "approved list." (I may still pursue that, however, since the condo has been doing well since they changed management at the beginning of the year [and kicked out somebody's corrupt boyfriend].) Meanwhile, they told me they'd check to make sure I was still eligible and that I'd be getting something in the mail soon.

I was expecting something in the mail last week, but nothing came. That was getting me down--I feared I was no longer eligible for some reason and that I'd be stuck with the crappy loan. Well, I got the card for the new loan in the mail today and immediately paid off the other one (for free--that was one of the nice features of this loan). That made me very happy. A little while later their fraud department called to make sure I'd made the transaction.

No comments: