Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday night

Changed the sheets, rotated the mattress, and washed the comforter. I'm afraid Bootsy soiled it at nap time. So I freshened him up, too, in the shower. (Not as bad as I'd feared.) He complained but now appears appreciative. At any rate, I didn't get my nap, but that's OK. I did get my green tea across the street.

It seems that my catnip treatment for separation anxiety worked on Lucky. He was right by the door when I got home from work, ready to sprint out into the hallway. It probably helped that there were still some bits of catnip on the floor today, even though I'd vacuumed some of it up. (I feed it to them on paper plates, and then they roll in it and get it everywhere.)

Watching Rachel Maddow. She says that Medicaid/Medicare fraudster Rick Scott (a Bush crony) is the spokesman in opposition to Obama's health care reform plans. (The Republicans won't speak out against them, since their pollster, Frank Luntz, has told them to go along with reform and even to criticize the insurance companies, for political reasons.) (I touched on that the other day.) Rachel showed part of a new video put out by Scott. This is from the Wikipedia article on Scott:

In 2001, HCA [Scott's company] reached a plea agreement with the U.S. government that avoided criminal charges against the company and included $95 million in fines. [3] In late 2002, HCA agreed to pay the U.S. government $631 million, plus interest, and pay $17.5 million to state Medicaid agencies, in addition to $250 million paid up to that point to resolve outstanding Medicare expense claims.[12] In all, civil law suits cost HCA more than $1.7 billion to settle, including more than $500 million paid in 2003 to two whistleblowers.[3]

Have fun watching the new scare ads from Conservatives For Patients' Rights, knowing who's behind them. By the way, you have nothing to fear. You know I talk to my friend in Canada all the time. The Canadians are very healthy and like their government-run health care system. Also, I lived in Europe for a year and had no complaints, nor did the citizens of those countries. They were happy with their national health care (and apparently still are). (They're not clamoring to switch to lobbyist-based health care, like we have here.)

Meanwhile, the cats are really happy now that the bed has been re-made and everything and everyone's fresh and clean.

No comments: