Wednesday, April 16, 2008

'Popular Christian Show Host Comes Out'

Azariah Southworth, Nashville host and producer of popular Christian youth show The Remix, has come out as gay, Out & About newspaper reported Wednesday.

"I know this will end my career in Christian television, but I must now live my life openly and honestly with everyone," Southworth said in the article. On his weekly half-hour show, Southworth is seen spending time with a Christian musician or band to see what they like, where they go, and how they live. For the past year and a half, it has been in syndication and reaches a total of approximately 200,000 viewers. Southworth has also been featured in various Christian media.

"We all know there are so many other gay people in the Christian industry; they're all just scared," he said. "I was scared, but now I'm no longer afraid." (The Advocate)

(Video at TowleRoad.)

No comments: