Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bizarre

This ran directly beneath the headline of a Salon story by Gary Kamiya.

I'm voting for Obama because he's qualified, charismatic and progressive -- but his blackness seals the deal

I'd tagged this guy as a ravening Obama zealot in an earlier post. The first paragraph of the story is even more bizarre. (I couldn't stomach reading the entire article.)

I admit it: I'm voting for Barack Obama because he's black. Yes, I'm voting for him because he's qualified, intelligent, charismatic and competent -- and because unlike Hillary Clinton, he opposed the Iraq war from the beginning. But if he weren't black, and Hillary had opposed the war, I'd probably vote for her because of her greater experience. In any case, it's a moot point, because if Obama weren't black, he would not be the Democratic front-runner. . . .

No comments: