Friday, January 19, 2007

Almost TGIF

I have to say I'm not really for the "surge." I was against this war since before it started, believing it to be immoral in its conception. And it certainly has been immoral in practically every aspect of its execution -- from the killing and maiming to the torture to the destruction of the Iraqis' quality of life to the fomenting of even more hostility against the U.S. to the profiteering and corruption on the part of Bush's political cronies. So I'm certainly not in favor of anything that keeps this monster alive. I say get out. And from what I've read and seen on the news lately, this surge plan is a just another shitty idea. So what's new.

B. and I went out to a local beer bar (Jamboree) on Monday night -- we both had the day off. We hadn't been to a gay bar since our vacation in San Francisco (the week of Labor Day.) We even ran into a buddy from our old watering hole that closed down last year. Mind you, this bar is twice as far from home as our former hang-out was, but at least some of the construction on Biscayne Blvd. has been completed, making the trip to and from easier.

No comments: