Saturday, September 15, 2007

Anecdote from an Email to My Cousin

"The dentist gave me a shit load (pardon French . . .) of Xanax yesterday before the procedure. I went back to work afterward on the bus, but I fell asleep on the bus on the way home and ended up in Aventura. The bus was sitting at a stop and someone was standing over me asking for change. He asked me what was wrong with me--my mouth was bloody. I told him I didn't have any change and that I'd been to the dentist. I then gathered my things and exited the bus. I almost forgot my eyeglasses--they had fallen off onto the seat (the guy pointed that out, thank goodness). What a strange day. [I got off the bus, crossed the street, and caught the next bus headed south.] . . . Tonight I'm going to the store to get mashed potatoes and make some salmon loaf for me to eat. It's mushy and delicious (made with mashed potatoes). I'll also buy some ground beef."

No comments: