Sunday, September 02, 2007

More Car Troubles

Aaargh. Had to call AAA again tonight, after I'd bought the new battery on Tuesday. I couldn't start the truck at the nearby convenience store. Fortunately I'd taken the cell phone with me. The AAA guy came within 45 minutes and said the battery was good but that something was wrong with the fuel line or fuel filter or fuel pump--whatever. (I know nothing about cars.) He didn't have to jump the car, however--the minute he said it wasn't the battery, I seriously floored the gas pedal and the engine turned over. I felt kind of stupid at that point. He said to drive it home (basically across the street) and make arrangements to have the car serviced. I did drive it home, turned it off, and then was able to restart it. Then I went and did another errand (without turning the car off). Got home without incident. Thank God the car wasn't stolen.

We'll see what happens now. Meanwhile I have all the groceries we'll need for the long weekend. Tonight I pressure-cooked some spareribs in beer with sauerkraut, caraway seeds, celery seeds, juniper berries, and salt and pepper. Came out delicious. Finicky B. doesn't eat this, so I'll make him barbecued spareribs on Monday. (The ribs were on sale at Publix so I bought two packages.) My plan had been to barbecue them all, but since I'm having trouble with the tooth (which I expect will be resolved on Tuesday), I decided to pressure-cook some for me. I made sure they came out really tender and didn't require serious chewing.

No comments: