Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up

Not much going on this weekend, which is just as well. Yesterday I served Bœuf Bourguignon from a Julia Child recipe and B. hated it. I didn't think it was that great, but "hate" is a little strong. Actually, I've never much cared for it but hadn't had it in years. I prefer a Joy of Cooking beef stew recipe, which is flavored with sherry and cloves (among other things). Maybe I should have used a better wine, rather than Taylor Lake Country Red. Last night I whipped up some tomato sauce with hot Italian turkey sausage and served that for lunch today over left-over egg noodles. B. liked that. I'd simmered the sauce for maybe a couple of hours so the sausage was nice and tender.

Next Saturday is B's 40th birthday. I'm taking him to the Royal Bavarian Schnitzel Haus on 79th Street for dinner. (Never been there but heard only good things about it.) I made reservations today. I'll be having the sauerbraten and a side order of potato pancakes (supposed to be the best in Miami). The owner/chef is gay and used to be part-owner of the now defunct Edelweiss (last time I was there I had the Rolladen and they were awful--flavorless and likely freezer-burned).

Then we'll walk across the street to Sandal's gay night club. I think I can put up with the crowd for a couple of hours. We'll be taking a taxi down and back. Should be a good time. I just have to figure out what to wear. B. will be wearing a chichi black Diesel outfit, which he modeled for me yesterday.

1 comment:

sophia said...

He told me he was 32!!!!!