Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday Night

Bootsy's new nest, a cut-down rum carton
(cat door stop behind it)

Watched the final episode of Design Star tonight. Great entertainment, and often hilarious. I'm glad Kim won. (I voted for her online.) I didn't care for Todd's hotel suite re-do (the final competition). Kim isn't even a designer by trade (or training). She's a hair stylist. In addition to her good taste, however, her hosting skills were the best among all the contestants. I'll be looking forward to her show in the Spring.

I'm still on the mushy diet. Today I finished off the two salmon loaves, two fat-free yogurts, a carton of Edy's "Slow Churned" mint chocolate chip ice cream (1/2 the fat and 1/3 fewer calories than regular ice cream), some marinated avocado, a can of Goya hot Vienna sausage (good as far as Vienna sausage goes, but I prefer barbecue, which I can no longer find here), and a heaping helping of home-made tomato aspic, which I made with 24 oz. of V8 juice, two packets of Knox gelatin, salt, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and Louisiana hot sauce. It turned out great. Meanwhile the tooth socket appears to be healing properly, thank goodness. I've also been applying Biotène "Oral Balance" mouth moisturizing gel to the wound before going to sleep.

No comments: