Sunday, January 27, 2008

On the brouhaha about Bill's remarks about Jesse Jackson

As one commenter to Glenn Greenwald's column in Salon writes:

I'm not a big Hillary booster, nor do I necessarily disagree with the point of your post; frankly, I haven't yet read enough about what Bill Clinton said to have formed an opinion. However, I do know, that I would not base my opinion primarily on what The Anonymous Liberal (much as I admire his blog in general) and Andrew Sullivan wrote about Clinton's remarks, since both are extreme Obama partisans. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that you are not being a little more objective about this. As an Edwards supporter, I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but my general feeling about what I've seen of all of this so-called nastiness between the Clinton and Obama campaigns is that most if it is either manufactured or blown way out of proportion by a media that has nothing else of any substance or interest to talk about. It's all very tiresome.

-- Kristine Collins

Amen.

No comments: