Sunday, November 04, 2007

Saturday Night

Tonight we get back the hour they stole from my sleep regimen last spring. I hate Daylight Savings Time.

I recorded the death throes of "Search for the Next Elvira," which we ended up watching after "There's Something About Miriam" (she's transgendered, with a boob job--on hormones but still has her male stuff. I hope she doesn't get a hard-on while trying to lure the unsuspecting [?] macho males onto a date). (This is a British show--pretty up-front about sexuality. We need more of that here.)

Back to Elvira, I think April deserved it (though we didn't vote in the finals). Did you know that Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) was born in 1949 in Manhattan, Kansas? Check out her bio on Wikipedia. I figured she had to be a bit up there in years, since I watched her horror movie show way back when, and she was fully developed then. By the way, she is a fan of Stephanie Miller and got Stephanie an appointment with her doctor to help out with Stephanie's sleeping problems, which seem to be abating (on their own, thank God).

Tonight was kind of tricky writing in the Nielsen Ratings journal vis-a-vis the time change. We had to record in a separate section the extra hour of TV viewing, which consisted of both real-time viewing and recorded viewing (another tricky aspect). I'll be glad when the week is over and we mail back our journals.

Well, the Sunday New York Times headlines just came through on email. I'll check them out now.

No comments: