Saturday, January 12, 2008

TGIF

Did some cooking tonight for B's and my supper tomorrow. This is a dish that will benefit from spending the night in the fridge. (It's like a goulash, something my mother used to make and very simple.) I went to the grocery store on the bicycle, since I have yet to get the truck fixed. Today I talked with the guy at the repair shop about the problem and he said to bring the truck in on Monday at 8:00 a.m. I don't know whether I'm going to do that (I'm tired). It's not urgent since I really don't drive much. But it will get done since I have to depend on the truck. Meanwhile, I'm an old pro at biking to the store and hanging the plastic Publix bags on the handlebars. (Who needs a basket?) And I recycle or re-use the bags.

I'm still worn out from the political goings-on of this week. Some of the material I've read and seen in the media has really been offensive (and I take it personally), but having seen the way they trashed Al Gore, it's not surprising. I guess other people are beginning to feel offended and are wising up to the media's agenda. But even on the far left, I've seen a vicious, pack-animal mentality that has no basis in reason. It makes them look even worse than Republicans since the left holds itself out to be more measured and thoughtful. Apparently, in some cases, it's not.

Meanwhile it's time to go back to the gym. My shoulder seems to be pretty well healed up and I have no more excuses. I just have to get rid of my backpack and get one of those briefcases on wheels.

No comments: