Sunday, December 16, 2007

More From the Interview (Below)


What has been your favorite role so far?

I really enjoyed playing Danny Bonaduce in "The Partridge Family Movie" because that was the first time that I had gotten to play a character that was so much the opposite of me, like his personality and the way he ticked. I would love to do more playing of real people because I like to figure out their intentions and reactions and emulate their personalities and quirks. Sometimes you can make a most eccentric character on the screen but still make them believable.

Ben Foster ("3:10 to Yuma," "Alpha Dog") is one of the best actors out there now around my age. I've never seen him play the same character more than once. When he creates characters, they are so specific you feel you are watching that person. That's the kind of actor I want to be. I want to be like Ben Foster. I want to be like William H. Macy. I have an awful lot of respect for those people.

We agree with you about Mr. Macy.

He is incredible and he is such a cool guy. I've gotten the opportunity to meet him a few times. He has been my favorite actor for a long time. When I found out he was married to Felicity (Huffman,) I flipped out. He is such an awesome guy, down-to-earth and interesting. He and Felicity are both incredible. I love watching Felicity act, the way she prepares and delivers.

Everyone is really talented in the cast of "Desperate Housewives."

Yes, they are. They all have their own ways and methods, and I have learned so much just from watching how they go about getting into their characters. Working on the show has helped me grow substantially in the last four years. I hope I can continue to do so.

It's like being in an acting school.

Oh, yeah! It feels like being in an acting class every week. It's an amazing learning experience. Being able to do a scene with them and feeding off of their energy, you have to give it your all, or the scene will fall flat on your end. You really care about your craft, how you are doing, and what you portray on the screen, especially when you are working with the likes of Felicity and Marcia. I'm not slighting the others, but I work with those two most of the time. . . .

No comments: