Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wednesday night late

I'm glad Obama did well tonight. I'd been afraid McCain would somehow turn things around for his campaign with this debate. From what I've read, though, all he managed to accomplish was to make points with the Republican base--and he needed to appeal to the undecided voters. I couldn't bear to watch it, however. Went to the gym instead (was a gym night anyway). The debate was playing on the TVs at the gym (no sound but with subtitles). When I saw it, I averted my eyes.

Ever since Bootsy bit me on the arm one night last week while I asleep--he was lying right next to me and I must have disturbed him somehow--I've been shutting the cats out of the bedroom before I go to bed. (The wound became infected, since I didn't disinfect it at the time, but is OK now.) Since then, the cats have been upset about not being able to sleep with me, if they wished. Maybe tonight I'll make an exception. (Or not.)

I've been sleeping much better since I've been keeping the bedroom door closed to keep the cats out. For one thing, the light from the living room doesn't stream into the bedroom in the morning and wake me up, even though I have all the blinds closed and am wearing my blindfold. Also, Bootsy doesn't wake me up meowing for breakfast, after which I get up and chase him out and close the door and try to fall back to sleep before the alarm goes off.

Did a kitchen blog entry. Had some unpleasant news today.

No comments: