Saturday, October 11, 2008

TGIF!

Getting tired from all that posting, plus it's late and I was at the gym tonight, after a long, boring day at work, following an iffy night's sleep. (Bootsy bit my arm in the middle of the night--long story. We've since made up.) I did take a short nap after work, however, interrupted by Lucky's grooming himself while leaning on my back.

Lately I've had a having a craving for boiled eggs, of all things. While I do know how to boil eggs, my kitchen is still basically non-functional except as a storage area (fancier now, though, since the cabinets were installed last Thursday.) Tonight after the gym, I stopped at the nearby Publix and found both hard-boiled eggs and deviled eggs, in the deli area. I was also craving roast beef, so I grabbed a package of that, too (lean bottom round). Later I had a nice, satisfying snack, savoring the roast beef with some horseradish mustard.

The deviled eggs are gone--they were excellent. (I was pleasantly surprised.) The boiled eggs and roast beef were perfectly good. I'd never bought roast beef at a deli before this kitchen project kicked in, since it's something I've always prepared myself on a regular basis. I can do it a lot cheaper, and it tastes the same if not better. Also, I'd never bought deviled eggs, or boiled eggs, shelled, in a bag (a half dozen). (I once bought a boiled egg at a convenience store and it was nasty.)

Maybe this will be a "normal" weekend, with no water leaks and no repair people coming round. I expect to be able to sleep in tomorrow (past noon!). I tend to be a night owl on the weekends, but normally I stay up pretty late anyway.

I wish I'd bought a tankless water heater, but it's too late now. Maybe in a few years I'll get one. It'll save me some space, and they're supposed to be more economical. But as it is, I only turn on the water heater when I plan on using hot water. I've been doing this for years.

Last month my electric bill was pretty high, so I've been trying to make economies. Lately I've been turning the A/C up to 80 F. before leaving for work in the morning, but I'm afraid the cats aren't comfortable at that temperature. They were looking droopy and acting stressed when I got home. This morning (10/10) I turned the A/C to 77-78, and the cats appeared to be more chipper when I got home.

No comments: