Thursday, May 17, 2007

Slip & Fall


This morning when I exited the elevator at the lobby, en route to my bus stop, I immediately slipped on the floor and fell hard on my right knee. There was no sign posted directly outside the elevator to warn of the wet floor. Right as I was about to go down, someone mopping the floor said to watch out, but by then it was too late. I think I yelled "son of a bitch" to no one in particular, picked myself up and then started slipping around again until I got a footing on dry ground and managed to walk "normally" out of the building. (I must have been a sight.) They had set up a "wet floor" sign where you couldn't even see it if you were exiting the elevator. (Fortunately, my trousers don't appear to be damaged.)

It didn't start really hurting until I got to work, and then the knee also started swelling. Meanwhile I faxed the condo president about the incident.

I took a nap earlier and that seems to have helped it somewhat. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I might have to call the doctor. That's all I need--a knee injury. I'm not even an athlete, for God's sake.

No comments: