Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"Woodward vs. Tenet"

From the May 21 New Yorker:

“I hate to say this, but I think the world agrees with me. Governments and Presidents expedite things all the time. . . . President Bush told me he didn’t feel that sense of urgency, and that his blood was not boiling before September 11th. I would argue that Tenet’s job was to boil the President’s blood. That’s why you show up on the President’s doorstep. I’m raised in a culture where you don’t observe the chain of command, you go around. . . ."

Woodward paused, and said, “Sometimes there come points in your life when you have to make a decision about what you’re going to do and they don’t tell you in the morning that this is the day that one of those decisions is going to come. Do you break down the doors, do you break out of the system? This is the issue of courage.”. . .

No comments: