Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Stephanie Miller Show, Live from Secaucus, New Jersey


What a treat to see Stephanie, Jim and Chris doing their show together on television. Actually, I'd much rather watch them than the visuals the TV people tossed in for illustration. If you've got people as fascinating as the Stephanie Miller crew, why hide them with extraneous, often distracting visual props? I happen to think a good book is best without illustrations.

Silly me--I didn't realize that Stephanie was broadcasting from 6 till 9 Eastern time (I never watched Imus so I didn't really know the schedule). I figured she'd be broadcasting 9 till 12 (and the info on Comcast cable didn't give a clue about Stephanie's appearance). So I have to give the crew a lot of credit for flying out to the east coast and then effectively getting up three hours earlier than the insane o'clock they normally do (i.e., considering the time difference), on top of their legendary hangovers. (That's a joke, folks!)

Anyway, I was able to record only the last 45 minutes of her TV show. Meanwhile, I heard the first installment of it on my way to work this morning over the radio (sitting on my bus). I heard the whole bit about the sweaty armpits yesterday in the purple sweater and then, voila, as I was watching the recording tonight, no sweaty armpits in the sexy green number (after how many changes of underarm pads, might I ask?). That, folks, is what I call a class act. Cheers to you, Stephanie. Also, I loved watching Jim and Chris. (I'd seen Stephanie on TV before--she was great.) Jim and Chris were a whole new treat to watch. Jim, the "hothouse orchid," sitting at his own desk; Chris sitting in front of Stephanie's desk. Jim, don't be intimidated by anything. You looked fine!

Kids, if I may say one thing by way of encouragement, don't let what anyone says (rightwing emailers, leftwing emailers, death threateners, unwelcome toesuckers, whatever) get you down. Just continue to be yourselves. That's your formula for success. You're doing a great job! Love you.