Friday, July 11, 2008

Really easy chili recipe


Why not? I like to cover a variety of topics here.

1.3 or more lbs. lean ground beef (or sirloin or round)
1 packet Chili-O regular chili seasoning mix
2 tsp. salt
3 TB vinegar
1 small can tomato sauce
1 small can hot Ro-tel tomatoes (or you can use milder or hotter)
1 can Bush's chili beans

Follow the cooking instructions on the Chili-O seasoning package. I realize this is not really authentic, but it's easy and meaty and very tasty.

(I also have an excellent, original "from scratch" recipe that I'll put on here, if I already haven't.)

Right now, I don't really have a kitchen, so I really can't chop anything--there are no counters on which to chop. Plus I have no kitchen sink or functioning dishwasher. So I made the easy recipe tonight and washed the skillet, etc. in the bathtub.

No comments: