Thursday, October 09, 2008

Thursday night

I should add to the Wednesday night post that I found the letters from the mortgage servicer's insurance department rather threatening. (I did put that in last night's blog post but took it out this morning, since it sounded a little whiny.)

Apparently buying expensive insurance policies for mortgage holders and charging for them through their escrow account is a profit center for this mortgage servicer and the insurance companies involved. I never felt threatened by the previous servicer (ABN-AMRO, a Dutch company). The guy I talked to yesterday at my current servicer sounded pretty humble and contrite, however. Like I'd caught them in the act of trying to muscle me and pull something over on me. I'm glad I called. I'm extremely suspicious of these big institutions, especially now, considering how desperate they are.

On a more mundane note, today I gave Lucky a new romper room. A few days ago, after the kitchen cabinets were installed--when I'd shut the cats up in my bedroom since Lucky was getting in the way--I closed off the master bathroom to the cats. That's where I'd set up the third litter box for Lucky's use while in July/August I was sequestering him in my bedroom when I first got him, so that Bootsy wouldn't attack and kill him while I was at work.

Lucky is very energetic, however, and had been causing the litter to fly everywhere with his energetic paw digging action. Tonight I removed the cat box and cleaned up all the cat litter, and opened the bathroom back up to the cats. I also left the toilet seat cover up for Lucky's amusement, since he's fascinated by the toilets.

No comments: