Monday, August 06, 2007

Crazy Monday

Well, back to work. Had a dentist appointment this afternoon. Took my Valium before leaving the office in anticipation of more bonding. Made the short bus ride to Omni Station and exited the bus during the height of a violent thunderstorm. I lingered under the shelter a bit but didn't want to be late for my appointment. By the time I'd crossed Biscayne Blvd. and reached the dentist's office--a stone's throw from Omni--I was drenched, even carrying an umbrella. The rain was coming sideways and the water at the curbs was deep. Even my socks got soaked.

As it turned out, the dentist didn't even do anything but look inside my mouth. He's got a couple more projects to do but thinks it's better to wait till the beginning of next year, when the new insurance cycle begins.

Went back to the office--the storm by then had subsided but it was still raining--and, still under sedation, after I took my shoes and socks off and set them aside to dry (which they didn't), got a few things done before it was time to go home.

No comments: