Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tired

Been dealing with cat conflicts all week (on top of work--no big deal in comparison). That may sound trivial but it's a huge dynamic here at home, a matter of life and death (no less). Lucy is going to the vet tomorrow at 11:00. She's lost a lot of weight and no longer has much of an appetite.

Despite the fact I love Bootsy, tonight I called B. at work and told him he had to take Bootsy back, that the cat situation wasn't working. (I didn't tell B. "in his absence," and he appeared not to appreciate that that was a big part of it.) Everything has changed here since B. left. There's no longer an equilibrium when it comes to the cats' ability to co-exist and thrive. Lucy feels she has been forsaken and that Bootsy's now my new best friend. Not true, as I've tried to reassure her. (He was ailing a while back and I was giving him extra attention.) So I figured Bootsy has to go back to his father.

We'll see what the vet says tomorrow. Lucy will hate that ordeal. She hasn't been to the vet in years.

No comments: