Sunday, February 21, 2010

Late Saturday night

Slept well last night and enjoyed the warmer weather today. Place was open and A/C off. Lucky spent hours out on the terrace and would probably still be out there now if I hadn't called it a night for him. It's always in the back of my mind that he's fallen off the terrace three times already, and after a certain time of night I close the terrace door (after first making sure he's inside, of course) and put my worries to rest.

I was very thankful that the weather was returning to normal. It has been cold in here for days (and, worse, nights). As I've said repeatedly, the heat here doesn't work when it gets below a certain temperature outside. When it gets into the 40s, forget it. (Even if I have the heat at 80 F. all night.)

Today I was at Starbucks twice. Had two cups of coffee (along with a turkey & Swiss sandwich) in the late afternoon, and mint tea after dinner. Went shopping in between. Was at Walgreen's to get a sympathy card for my co-worker whose father passed away last Sunday, and a few other things, then to the grocery store. No time for cooking or cleaning or laundry. Will do some of that tomorrow. Today I just did what I felt like doing. It's been testy at work, a lot of pressure. Needed to chill (but I still got a lot done).

Had a pretty unhealthy dinner tonight: a Publix fried chicken breast, Michael Angelo's eggplant Parmesan, and 1/4 of a Publix New York cheesecake (on sale) (they're small but still highly caloric). (For lunch I had a Stouffer's breaded fish filet with a little macaroni and cheese on the side.) I rarely ever buy a cheesecake -- maybe once every few years. (That's not to say I don't eat a piece of cheesecake when the opportunity presents itself, which is also rarely.) Unfortunately, this cheesecake hadn't thawed out completely, which kind of spoiled the experience, but nonetheless it was good. I should throw the rest of it away, but I won't. At any rate, it's back to the gym tomorrow, and I should be able to do more walking now that the weather has warmed up.

No comments: