Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday night

Got a lot done today. Did laundry, washed dishes, made a roast, went to gym and store. Yes, gym. Making frozen mixed vegetables now. Will take some of those and some roast to work tomorrow for lunch. The roast was an eye of the round, on sale for $3.99 (I believe). (Was below $4.00.) I don't usually buy these, but it turned out great. Will no longer buy the sirloin tip -- too much waste. The last one I bought was full of fat and gristle. But will buy this or the bottom round.

The roast wasn't done in time for me to have any for dinner (it had fallen over in the roasting pan and was way off center in the oven, as I discovered when I returned from the gym). But I was hungry, so I had some canned corned beef on rye melba toast, with a side of hot pickled okra and Italian giardiniera pickles.

"Desperate Housewives" is on again. Pretty good.

Wow, it got really good.

No comments: