Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday night

Back from stores. Watching "How Do I Look?" Bizarre. The woman dressed like a 4-year-old.

Having Michael Angelo's frozen Italian stuff for dinner: chicken Parmesan with spaghetti, and eggplant Parmesan. Delicious. I'm full.

Next, "What I Hate About Me." I don't know... ("I hate my huge boobs.") No. Back to HGTV. A new "Outdoor Room with Jamie Durie." Not a bad show, but he's always leaving the project -- where's he going? -- and then, when he comes back, something's gone wrong. They haven't followed the plans, or something. I guess they do that to create tension, but he comes across as a somewhat of a slacker.

Next, a new "Curb Appeal" with John Gidding, a 33-year-old, openly gay Turkish-American with a BA in architecture from Yale and a master's in architecture from Harvard. (He was a model, too.) I've always liked this show, with all its different hosts over the years.

It's 10:00 and not much on. I think I'll walk over to Star- bucks and have a tea. I'll take a magazine I haven't even opened yet.

[Later] Had a Zen (green) tea over at Starbucks and read the magazine. Not very busy over there at that time. Sometimes it's mobbed on Saturday night. Go figure.

Hemmed up one leg on a brand-new pair of pants. Half the hem came loose, and they aren't crappy pants. (They're Kenneth Cole, from Macy's.) Now, what to watch...

No comments: