Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday night

Taking a vacation from the gym this (long) weekend.

Did some laundry and cleaning today. Had Chinese food delivered for dinner -- subgum pork chow mein (bag of crunchy noodles on the side) with wonton soup and eggroll. My fortune? "Practice makes perfect." (Not original, guys!) I found this:

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT - 'The more you practice, the better your skills are. The proverb has been traced back to the 1550s-1560s, when its form was 'Use makes perfect.' The Latin version is: 'Uses promptos facit.' First attested in the United States in 'Diary and Autobiography of John Adams' (1761)." From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996).

Will watch "60 Minutes."

Was hard to watch the segment on Haiti, as I'd feared.

"Desperate Housewives" not so great.

Tired. I stayed up way too late last night. Never should have had the Frappuccino after dinner, on top of iced tea with dinner.

Haven't been able to talk to my friend in Canada for a while. I called again tonight and left another message. Recently he emailed me that his "heart is in a cloud." Hmmmm. I want the story.

No comments: