Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Clay is gay: Aiken comes out of the closet

Who'd'a thunk it?! AP story here. Advocate story here. From the AP:

Clay Aiken is finally confirming what many people already knew: He's gay. The cover of the latest People magazine shows Aiken holding his infant son, Parker Foster Aiken, with the headline: "Yes, I'm Gay." The cover also has the quote: "I cannot raise a child to lie or hide things." . . .

The baby's mother is Aiken's friend and record producer Jaymes Foster.

Aiken, who gained fame as the runner-up on "American Idol" in 2003, rarely addressed the frequent rumors about his sexuality. In an interview with The Associated Press two years ago, he said: "I don't really feel like I have anybody to answer to but myself and God and the people I love."

The multiplatinum singer recently released the CD "On My Way Here" and made his Broadway debut this spring in "Monty Python's Spamalot."

From The Advocate:

Later [in 2006], a Green Beret claimed to have had a sexual encounter with Aiken in the National Enquirer. He later apologized, saying that he should not have released the story without Aiken's consent. . . .

No comments: