Saturday, November 29, 2008

'Bush's Legacy: Never to Change No Matter What'

Look where his "values" have gotten us. From Mary at The Left Coaster:

This week Bush provided his assessment of his legacy:

"I came to Washington with a set of values, and I'm leaving with the same set of values. And I darn sure wasn't going to sacrifice those values; that I was a president that had to make tough choices and was willing to make them," he said. . . .

The president told his sister he is proud of the "tough decisions" he made.

"I surrounded myself with good people," Bush said. "I carefully considered the advice of smart, capable people and made tough decisions."

Or as Stephen Colbert said so much better a few years ago:

The greatest thing about this man is he's steady. You know where he stands. He believes the same thing Wednesday that he believed on Monday, no matter what happened Tuesday. Events can change; this man's beliefs never will.

Indeed, befitting the simple mind of a simple man, Bush has always found it easy to make tough decisions.

No comments: