Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday night

Laundry night. Big time.

The weather today was perfect. (It's been unseasonably chilly here lately.) Spent a lot of time outdoors. Was at Starbucks twice, once in the afternoon and again after dinner, which I ate outdoors at T.G.I. Fridays. Had the Jack Daniels 10 oz. steak with fried shrimp, and onion rings and broccoli on the side. Two cups of coffee in the afternoon and a green tea later. I'm wired. Saw B. driving the Hummer to work just before 4:30. I wonder if he saw me.

We have two washers and two dryers on each floor here. I think it's rude when people don't remove their clothes from the washer (or dryer) when the clothes are clean (or dry). Tonight was not the first time I've transferred the clean contents of a washer to a plastic garbage bag so I could use the machine. (I use the timer on my stove when I'm washing and drying, so I don't inconvenience anyone.)

When I went back to the laundry room after my washing machines had finished, the bag of clothes was still sitting where I'd put it. So I went ahead and used the dryers. The person will now have to wait till I'm finished.

11:21 p.m. Laundry done. The bag of damp clothes is still sitting there in the laundry room.

No comments: