Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday night

Today was another nice one, though not as nice as last Saturday. Still, I was lured out of doors and over to Starbucks' patio for two cups of coffee, and then to an outside table at T.G.I. Friday's for dinner, and then back to Starbucks for a Zen tea. I'm back indoors now, doing some laundry.

Just got the ball rolling on my magazine article. I'd been thinking about the lede all day. (And the story's not about illegal prescription drug use.) I hope it will prove more interesting than that.

Watching "Paranormal Court" while the laundry dries. "All parties agree to abide by the decision of the deceased." (So dead men do tell tales.)

[Later] Good show. Laundry's out of the dryer and mostly dry. (It was towels and rugs.)

[Later] Watching "48 Hours" shows (these are always good). (The guy who they say tried to blackmail David Letterman is one of the producers.)

I did not make the edimame pasta today. I still had some of the chopped steak I made the other day, along with micro mixed vegs, so I had a big plate of that for lunch. For dinner I started out with an old-fashioned wedge of iceberg lettuce with blue cheese, chopped tomatoes, bacon, etc. Delicious. Hadn't had that in years. Sliced it all up and ate the whole thing (was hungry by then). Ordered a 10 oz. Black Angus steak, medium. Unfortunately it came out medium well done and dry, with not enough herb butter on top to spread around. I could have got some steak sauce but the place was busy by then (7:00) and the service not that good, so I just ate the steak as it was.

No comments: