Friday, March 05, 2010

TGIF

Almost made it to the gym tonight. Took nap and everything. Even made protein drink ahead of time. Even got into ridiculous red sweatpants. The only problem, something I had eaten earlier was wreaking havoc in my GI tract. (If I'd planned earlier on going to the gym, I would not have eaten that particular food.)

In lieu of drinking the protein shake, tonight I finished off the picadillo for dinner. Very good. I won't season the rice next time, since the seasoning (Sazon and saffron) gets lost. It was pretty, though. Just gave me an idea to make chicken and yellow rice. My mother used to make that so well but I never got her recipe. (She'd got the recipe from a friend of her mother's, who was Cuban.) It was one of my favorite dishes that Mom made.

No comments: