Monday, December 08, 2008

Sunday night

"Desperate Housewives" was a little dull tonight, but OK. Carlos is getting his sight back. He notices that Gaby has gotten rid of most of her designer dresses and shoes. Surely he could have discerned that while he was blind for five years. The Lou Gehrig-signed baseball story was kind of cute.

Ate the gumbo today. Skipped the gym. I shouldn't have had the Bloody Marys this morning but I'll blame that on the cats. Bootsy bit me at around 9:00 a.m. and I had to get up to disinfect the wound. And once I'm up, I'm up, at least for a while. The last time Bootsy bit me in bed, the wound got infected. It's fine now. And the cat boxes are clean and the cats have been fed to their satisfaction. Bootsy is mad now, however, that the door to my bedroom is closed. They're not getting in there tonight. I have to go to work in the morning and need a good night's sleep.

While I was skipping the gym, I did watch "60 Minutes" and made turkey salad from the Thanksgiving turkey breast, which was still good. That took a while; left nothing on the carcass. Had gone to the store earlier to buy dill relish, among other things, to add to it. The turkey salad turned out great--chopped a lot of fresh celery--and I made two sandwiches to take to work tomorrow, on light toast.

Had a nice talk with my friend in Canada tonight. At least they have a national health plan there. If I were to lose my job and my employer-provided health insurance, which is good, I'd be in a real bind.

No comments: