Friday, August 08, 2008

Heard about B.

From someone I know who used to work with him. She ran into him at a store. B. was with his new friend. She said she didn't recognize B. at first since "his face was so big" as was especially his gut. She said he'd gained 20 lbs. at least. (I haven't seen him lately.)

I guess B. and I diverged on this issue (getting fat), even though he accused me of getting fat before he left. I've lost at least 10 lbs. since he left and have gone back to the gym on a regular basis after my shoulder healed (almost). B. didn't "like" the gym when he accompanied me to work out (the way he doesn't like mushrooms or soup). I'd bought him a year's membership as a birthday present and he could have taken dance aerobics classes, since he loves to dance. The gym has a lot of different programs and B. had a lot of time on his hands, but he used it to cheat around instead.

I hope his new friend likes chubby. (I'm not into that, but I loved him anyway.) B. was very attractive when we first hooked up (as was I, I guess, and still try to look half-way decent, and I'm 14 years older than B.*). We all get old--there's no escaping that--but we can counteract aging. I'm sad that things didn't work out.

_____________
*At the time we met, he insisted he liked "older men," so I (somewhat reluctantly) went along with it.

No comments: