Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saturday Night Cabin Fever

Tonight I bought iSpQ and got connected to that. Next Saturday night, however, I plan on getting out of here for a while--and not just over to the Starbucks for a green tea. There's a gay beer/wine bar a few miles south of here, and I'll pop in there for a while. I'll take the bus. The last time I was there was with B., and we ran into at least one person we knew. Then B. never wanted to go back, which was fine with me.

I don't plan on making a habit of it. I just need to get out and be with "my people" for a while. I really miss having my place close-by and the people there I'd known for years, with whom I enjoyed sitting and chatting. Going online to see or meet people is interesting and gives me something else to do besides watch TV or play on the computer, but I think it's time I ventured back out to a gay bar. Flanigan's has a nice bar and I could walk there in three minutes, but it certainly ain't gay (it's a sports bar). I just need to go someplace where I don't have to keep my guard up and can relax and possibly see gay people I know or meet new ones.

This beer/wine place is also within walking distance of another bar, on 79th St., which I heard is a very late-night hang-out. If I feel like it, I can walk up there also and check it out. (I'd driven down there a couple of months ago shortly after 10 p.m. and it was totally dead. I didn't even bother to get a drink.)

No comments: