Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Monday night

Tired after going back to work after the long weekend. Had a busy day. Took a refeshing nap with the cats after work. Then walked to the grocery store for a flourescent light bulb (which they didn't have), then had a mint tea at Starbucks. (There's a sale going on on the light bulbs and apparently I missed out.) I'm trying to switch all my light bulbs to flourescent, but I'm learning about the wattage I need, since these bulbs are pretty bright.

I got a rather enthusiastic compliment today on my new beard, from someone at work who'd been on vacation for a month. Actually I stopped shaving the weekend before last, and had the extra days off to not shave and see how it would grow in. It looks pretty good. Trimming it is easy with my electric clippers. It beats shaving. I'll keep it for now. Gives my aging face a rounder, more youthful look. :-)

Got a Christmas card from B.'s mom today. She signed it from herself and B. and his sister and the family. I guess I'll have to send her one too, although I hadn't planned on it. She's the one who moved B. out of here without any input from me. This has been extremely hard to deal with (and apparently for B, too, since he's been living back and forth between his mon's and the alleged drug dealer's place(s)).

Home Depot called me today. We discussed the electrician's bill and the problem with the sink. I felt reassured by the District Service Manager who was back from vacation.

No comments: