Saturday, January 03, 2009

Saturday night

Dealt with my cold today. It's mainly a head cold. At this point, I don't think I need to take anything for it.

Made vegetable beef soup today--not bad. I hadn't made it in a while. I think it needs finishing off with Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese. UPDATE: (Sunday) It doesn't need cheese. It turned out great. It just needed to sit in the fridge overnight. I'm trying to get away from the cheese (and the extra fat and calories and cholesterol). I also didn't add pasta.

Went shopping at Target and Publix. Loaded and ran the dishwasher. Washed linens and comforter. Rotated the mattress. Did some tidying up. Cleared out the freezer. I had 4-5 Publix bags full of old food. When in doubt as to its age, I threw it out. I'd been putting this project off for some reason, and it only took five minutes. (I didn't have a lot of doubt.)

The minute the holidays are over, I spring back to normal. Of course it helped that I had two cups of coffee and later a cup of tea at Starbucks.

Bootsy's happy on the freshly made bed.

No comments: