Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday evening

Made myself stay in bed past noon to mend. My aches and pains are gone, thanks to the new pillow. It was pretty bad when I couldn't turn my head to the right. Of course you need to do that, say, when you're driving or backing out of a parking space.

Saturdays are still lonely since B. left. I try not to get depressed about it. Today I must have spent two hours at Starbucks, reading. Then I drove down to Flanigan's for dinner. I hadn't been there, except maybe once (if even), since I started cooking in the kitchen again, back in November. (How time flies!) They probably wonder why I stopped going there. I'd been a regular. I think I'll go back to Starbucks now and have a tea. I'm reading a story about solitary confinement and how it can cause psychosis in some people. (It kind of reminds me of my life on the weekend.) The article asks whether it's "torture" and it seems to be. Even John McCain said the worst of his experience as a P.O.W. was the solitary confinement--even worse than the torture (breaking his arm, for example).

No comments: