Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday night

Ben Bernanke and Alice Waters were on "60 Minutes" tonight. I'd never heard of Alice Waters, and here they announced her as having made the most impact on American eating since Julia Child. That may be true. She's started the organic foods movement. Her influence was also French food, i,.e., cooking with fresh ingredients and using what's in season.

"Desperate Housewives" was OK. Next week, all hell will break loose.

Made Mom's beef Stroganoff tonight with Italian whole-wheat noodles. I'd never had them before, much less made them. I'd been afraid they would be sweet, but they're not.

Bootsy is better. He got up from his nap a while back, and I haven't heard him sneeze. Oops. He just sneezed.

Photo shows cats as best buddies. If you've been following this blog, you know it didn't start out that way when I introduced Lucky into the household last July. Bootsy was upset and would like to have killed him. Originally I kept Lucky sealed off in my bedroom with his own food supply and cat box. Now I see Lucky attacking Bootsy and going for the jugular (revenge perhaps?). I intervene on Bootsy's behalf now when I see it. I think they co-exist well now, however, when I'm not here.

Love my new pillow, by the way. Can't wait to use it soon.

No comments: