Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sunday night

(I took this photo of the amaryllis earlier today. You can see that the pod containing the flowers is beginning to open. These plants don't bloom naturally in South Florida, but the weather has been so crazy that this plant is blooming. Amazing.)

Had a good day today. Kept busy. Went to the store and made chicken gumbo AND chicken Dijon. (I had some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the freezer that I needed to use.) Had both of those for dinner. The chicken Dijon recipe is one that I'd clipped from The Miami Herald years ago. It's made with shallots, parsley, dill, white wine, capers and of course Dijon mustard. Hardly any fat. It's good hot or cold.

Desperate Housewives was fun. Loved the ending. I knew it was going to happen when I saw the wife slicing her zucchini (or whatever it was) with the big chopping knife. Not a good time for the husband to tell the pregnant wife he no longer loved her and planned on leaving her for someone else (and that he had never known "the meaning of love" until he'd found this other woman, who's a real airhead). Perfectly good crime of passion. Now watch Carlos be asked to head up the company he was fired from.

Bootsy is doing very well with his ear treatment. Maybe the shots for the sinus condition did something also. The vet will be calling me tomorrow at work with the results of the blood profile.

Had a nice talk today with my friend whose dog was paralyzed a while back after running into a sliding glass door. The dog is doing fine. (My friend spent $10,000 in vet bills to treat the dog and many, many hours of his time on physical therapy to get her walking again. She walks a little awkwardly but at least she can walk now.)

No comments: