Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday night

Lucky seems to have forgotten that the pellets in the feed bowl are food; it appears he didn't touch his dry food today. He's not happy with the new dietary regime here. This morning I fed them one can of cat food (vs. two) and made sure the bowls of dry food were full.

Food had been eaten out of Bootsy's two bowls of dry food, however--by whom, I of course wouldn't know.

Tonight I fed them another can of food when I got home from work. I'll probably break down later and feed them one more can. At least I'll have gotten it down to three vs. four. (Maybe I won't cave in, however. We'll see. It depends on how guilty they make me feel.) (Right now Lucky is giving me a forlorn look, as in, "What have I done to deserve this?" or "God, why hast thou forsaken me?". I guess he feels he's being punished.)

I'll no longer put out two cans in the morning, however, since that gets wasted anyway. I think the cats go back to bed after I leave in the morning (and they've eaten) and don't wake up till I come home after work.

I only started this liberal canned-food regime when Lucy got sick, but she's gone now. And Bootsy would be in better health if he lost some weight.

No comments: