Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday night

On Sunday morning, while I was asleep, my departed friend "Bob" came to me in a dream. He appeared from above the waist up, in vivid color. (I think he was wearing a yellow-green pullover sweater over a shirt with the collar sticking out.) It was almost like he was on a TV screen or in a window that just popped up while I was dreaming about something else. And he looked me straight in the eyes and asked me, emphatically, in his normally husky, cracking voice, "Are you happy?!" I was nonplussed and took a few seconds to answer, considering he had just died (about which I wasn't "happy" and he was right there in front of me, almost staring me down--and I didn't want to say the wrong thing), but finally I told him, "Yes, I'm happy." And then he disappeared.

No comments: