Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday night

Tonight, after a nap and before the gym, I went up to Target and bought the new (to me, at least) Lady Gaga CD, "The Fame." It may have been the last one in the store --lucky me. (It was the only one on the shelf that I could see.) I listened to the whole thing. Lots of good, fun stuff. Definitely worth it. Then at the gym, "Poker Face" played on the sound system. (I don't recall hearing it there before, but maybe I did.)

The version of "Poker Face" that's on the video I embedded the other day (below) is actually even better than what's on the CD. The CD version doesn't include the "lounge act" at the beginning with Lady Gaga playing the piano. (I also added Flo Rida's "Sugar" to the earlier post, since it's based on "Blue," and a really good interview with her on British TV.) (I also found a better video, with no pop-ups. Go see it.)

Judging by the music video, I'd love to see Lady Gaga perform live.

By the way, Lady Gaga (her real name is Joanne Germanotta) recently wrote this song for Britney Spears's "Circus" (appears on European release only).

No comments: