Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas night

Just back from Flanigan's. Glad I went. Was busy and festive there, and I was hungry. Sat at the bar with a magazine, as I normally do. Started out with New England clam chowder, then a 12-oz. New York Strip steak with dirty rice and cole slaw, and lastly key lime pie. Everything was great except the pie (nothing special and topped with fake whipped cream instead of the real thing, as billed on the menu).

They had CNN on a couple of the overhead TV monitors -- no sound and no captions -- reporting on the terrorist episode on the plane from Amsterdam to Detroit. First I'd heard of it. With all the security at airports now, how can someone board a plane with a bomb (or even a firecracker)?! Is security lax in Amsterdam? (But I think the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security would have been conducting the security there.)

No comments: