Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday evening

I'm still here. Heating up the last of the vegetable beef soup, which I ate for lunch at work this week. Came out OK. I just dumped a bunch of Romano cheese on top of it before putting it in the microwave.

Perfect.

Earlier I had a Stouffer's fried fish fillet with mac & cheese.

[Later] I think I'll wait till later tonight to do the errands, when the traffic has died down. Watching "American Greed: Scams" on CNBC (the Kissel case).

[Later] I did get cleaned up and, after stopping for gas, headed down to Walgreen's at around 10:00 p.m. and found some cards, etc. and didn't have to wait in line. Smart of me. (I overheard one of the check-out people telling another one that it had been busy there tonight.) It was good for me to get out of the house.

Called my friend in Canada at 11:00 and left a message.

Watched a really good show on the History Channel about the Manson Family, based mostly on the first-hand recollections of Linda Kasabian, who seemed to be the only person in the Manson Family who had a conscience. (She didn't kill anybody.) Her testimony got the others convicted and sent to prison.

I never knew this, but Charles Manson chose Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate's house to go on his rampage only because the house had previously been occupied by Terry Melcher, a record producer (and Doris Day's son), who had shown an interest in Manson's apparent musical abilities but never got him a recording contract, which Manson expected to get.

Foot is a lot better today, by the way. Still a little swollen and tender.

No comments: