Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Tuesday night

Watching Obama's speech on Afghanistan. Sounds right to me.

Cooking the cubed steaks with the picadillo flavoring. Accidentally dumped in too much oregano, so it's a little bitter. Maybe that'll cook away. It isn't that noticeable, but I notice it since I did it. Otherwise it's delicious.

Walked my mile home and no nap. Napped a little on the bus. Tomorrow I'll take a nap before the gym.

I'm so pissed at what the credit card companies are doing that I'm paying off my main card, which I'd let get up there a bit (includes the electricians' work for the kitchen remodel). It's still not anywhere near my limit. Today I got this from Consumers Union:

A bill that would put credit card reforms in place now rather than in three months was just blocked in the Senate. So it's time to take the fight straight to the banks!

Tell the credit card companies exactly what you think of them, and that they won’t get your business until they stop raising interest rates, adding new fees and penalties, and other tricks prior to the credit card rules going into effect in February.

What better way to tell the banks "bah, humbug!" than to stop charging on their cards during the holidays. Use this link to directly tell the credit card companies what you think of them. We can put the pressure on at the corporate level now if we all speak out together!

(Didn't send out the query letter today. No need to act hastily. I'll sit on it for a couple of days and then re-read it.)

The steak came out great. No bitterness. I used olives plus capers, and tomato sauce plus a can of diced tomatoes, along some white vermouth. (Click on photo to enlarge.) Now I'm cooking a cup of rice in two cups of the liquid. We'll see how that turns out.

Turned out good. Needs to steam a little longer. Tastes like -- who would have guessed -- Spanish Rice. (I'll spare you a picture.)

No comments: