Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday afternoon

The counter guy just called. He'll be here in 35-40 minutes.

He got here just after 3:00 and took a look. He said, "It's no big deal. It's fixable."

He said the clips that the original installer used are "too weak" and brought some new ones from his truck.

Re: the economic stimulus plan, from MyDD here:

Voters rejected Republicans, they did not give Democrats a mandate to reach out a hand to them. Americans voted first and foremost for a government that works again. Yes, of course Republican votes will be needed, it would be great if all Republicans would come on board, but that in and of itself is NOT what Americans voted for in November. I thought Obama got that. If he didn't, I think he's starting to.

From Krugman here:

So what should Mr. Obama do? Count me among those who think that the president made a big mistake in his initial approach, that his attempts to transcend partisanship ended up empowering politicians who take their marching orders from Rush Limbaugh. What matters now, however, is what he does next.

It’s time for Mr. Obama to go on the offensive. Above all, he must not shy away from pointing out that those who stand in the way of his plan, in the name of a discredited economic philosophy, are putting the nation’s future at risk. The American economy is on the edge of catastrophe, and much of the Republican Party is trying to push it over that edge.

The counter guy said it's "crucial" that I wait 24 hours before I use the sink. Even better if I wait more than 24 hours. I think I can do that. The guys finished at 3:35. The main guy also said there hadn't been enough glue before, so I need to wait for the glue to dry.

I put an oven rack and a cutting board over the sink so Lucky won't jump down inside it, as he's done before. It'll also remind me not to use it.

No comments: