Saturday, February 07, 2009

Saturday night

This is Lucky sitting on the edge of the bathtub between the shower curtain and the clear liner. He loves watching the water when I take a shower. (Sorry about the algae--this has to go into the washer with some bleach.)

Got a lot of rest today. Still waiting for the glue to dry around the kitchen sink, so, after coffee at Starbuck's, I had dinner at T.G.I. Friday's tonight. (Had lunch of a warmed-over Double Quarter Pounder without cheese, but with horseradish mustard. Good.)

No sign of a recession at T.G.I. Friday's. The place was mobbed. I had a relatively short wait to get a table outside, however. The weather was pleasant. I had mozzarella sticks, onion soup, a flat-iron steak with roasted pepper sauce and a huge side of steamed broccoli, and a glass of water. I think there was twice as much broccoli as steak. I was hungry and ate everything. ($23 including tip.) Appetizers were 1/2 off.

Tomorrow it's back to cooking. More chili and a near-4 lb. sirloin tip roast. Just need bread to make sandwiches.

I've been trying to do some creative stuff on the side. I have quite a bit of material for two separate short-story projects. I've just been in a quandary over how to structure and narrate them (1st or 3rd person, point of view, etc.). I think one of them will be called "Notes on a Break-up," the main character being "Bea."

I tried calling the kitchen designer at Home Depot today, but no answer and wasn't able to leave a message. I'll call again tomorrow or perhaps drive down there (it's 5 minutes down the street, which is why I had them do the kitchen).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is this Lucky checking out the movie set from 'Bates Motel''lol