Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday afternoon

No inspectors yet.

[Later...] The electrician came at around 1:00, followed by the inspector and a supervisor from the electrical contractor. It turns out that the final inspection had already been done (in November!). The electrician said the city must not have entered it in their computer. But when I called the city myself a couple of days ago, I said the electric had already been inspected twice, but the lady said, yes, but those were rough inspections. I don't think they know what they're doing. The inspector himself said today that the final inspection had already been done. On the building permit, "ELEC. FINAL" was signed off on 11/13/08.

Now I'm waiting for the plumbing inspector. ("PLBG. FINAL" is not signed off.) I called the city to make sure he's coming, and they said he was scheduled, if he hadn't already been here. I've been up since 7:30, and the city told me the other day that the inspector doesn't leave the HQ to make inspections until 8:00. So he hasn't been here.

I paid the electrician's bill. I pointed out that they charged $488 for something they said (in writing) that they "usually" charge $266 for, so they subtracted $488 and charged $266. The total bill came out to around $2,200. I'm still going to question another $488 charge. Why shouldn't that be $266 too? (These are for installing separate circuits for the dishwasher and the microwave.) Why should one be over $200 higher than the other?

No comments: