Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday night

Bought some new work clothes today at Macy's up at Aventura. I hadn't bought any in quite some time and was in need. I dread shopping for clothes but today went pretty well. Got four shirts and four pairs of slacks. I had no idea they were having a 20% off sale today, so I really lucked out there.

In between buying the slacks and the shirts, I caught a movie. I was hungry and thirsty by the time I'd bought the slacks and had planned to go to Johnny Rockets, which is directly across from the movie theaters. I quickly checked the movies and times. Michael Moore's "Capitalism" was starting up in 15 minutes, so I decided to go see it. Quickly grabbed a Kiwi Banana "Dutch Ice" and drank that out in the mall. In the theater, I bought a white cherry Icee and a hot dog.

I'd not planned on going to see this movie but I'm glad I did. (More on that later.)

After the movie was over, I had plenty of time to continue with my shopping. (Macy's closes at 9:30.) I was out of there maybe a little past 9:00 and then stopped by the BK at Loehman's (sp?) for a bacon double cheeseburger, another Icee, and potato Cheesy Puffs (I'd never had them before and don't recommend).

Washing my new clothes now.

[Later] Love my new clothes. Very muted and neutral stuff. I tried on loads of things.

What really grabbed me about Michael Moore's move was the idea of a "plutonomy." (See next post.) It's like a Dan Brown cabal, or something out of a James Bond movie. Ronald Reagan really did wreck this country (in addition to killing off a lot of gays by ignoring the AIDS health crisis). He was just a shill for the corporatists (the plutomonists) and a panderer to the Religious Right. He was an idiot.

It's time we got our democracy back in control of our lives. I highly recommend this movie. Maybe Michael Moore will get the Nobel Prize someday.

No comments: